adopted by the Fort Smith Board of Education on December 18, 2017
Fort Smith Public Schools, a premier district where innovation creates excellence, is dedicated to providing an equitable, challenging educational experience by engaging families and community partners as we prepare students to embrace their roles in our culturally diverse community and rapidly changing world.
View the Strategic Planning Committee photos.
An uncompromising commitment to achieve specific, measurable, observable, or demonstrable results that exceed current capability
Equitable Access: Each FSPS student will have equal access to programs, resources and opportunities.
Well Being/Mental Health: Each student will receive needed support that ensures physical, mental and emotional health.
Career Pathways: Each student will have early exposure to education and career planning, resources and guidance to prepare them with the skills and knowledge they need to be successful, life-long learners.
Staffing: Each student will be instructed by well-trained professionals.
Technology: Each student will have dependable and equal technological resources necessary to be prepared for the future.
Instruction: Each student will have high-quality instruction that targets their identified individual needs from PK through graduation.
Learning Environment: Each student will have instructionally supportive learning environments that are safe, nurturing and welcoming.
We believe that . . .
- Our diversity is a recognized asset in our schools and in our community.
- All students deserve equitable access to a high-quality education in a safe and accepting environment structured to foster the learning process.
- All members of our community have value and play a critical role in its success.
- All students have the potential to become productive citizens in our diverse and rapidly-changing world.
- The involvement of families is important to the success of students.
- Community involvement in our schools is an essential and highly-valued investment in our students and our future.
- Embracing change enhances our ability to achieve at our highest potential.
- Educators are the foundation of our school system, and their ongoing professional development improves teaching and learning.
Complete Vision 2023 Strategic Plan draft available here